Looking to upgrade electrical panel??? We are the best choice to improve your household electrical service supply!!!

Electrical panel replacement. Cost and reasons.

An electrical panel in your home installed to distribute electricity throughout your house and break up the electricity to damaged and overloaded parts. Most houses have 240 Volts and  100 or 200 amp electrical panel.

There are many different reasons to upgrade electrical service and panel.

Upgrading Electrical Service - Expert ElectricOld electrical panels have limitations on available space to add circuits also they have fuses. Fuses need to be replaced every time after they blow. Most vintage electrical boxes have had circuits added and double taping wires due to space shortage. Many old panels are of inferior quality and keep causing problems.

An electric service upgrade is often required to increase the capacity of the existing electrical service. With all the modern appliances and devices we now have many older homes just don’t have sufficient power supply. Therefore, an ” electrical service change” is required. This will include not just changing the electrical panel but also upgrading your meter socket, and the wire between the meter and panel, the wire between the utility and the meter, and the grounding system as well. Other common reasons to change an existing panel are due to obsolescence and outdated technology. Split-buss panels, cheap builder-grade panels, panels contaminated by water, paint, and corrosive environments are often candidates for replacement. Panels long ago manufactured by Zinsco and FPE have many issues and are considered a hazard by many in the industry.

The professional’s electricians at ON Energy we only use the highest quality panels (load centers) manufactured by Siemens or Eaton. Every panel that we install has a 5-year warranty on the equipment. but typically these panels will last up to 30-40 years without any problems.

Breaker panel’s advantages?

Upgrade Fuse Panel - Expert ElectricInsurance companies usually get uptight when they find out the home has a fuse panel and recommend that the panel be changed to a breaker panel system. Everyone is familiar with the old screw-in fuses. And for those that have a fuse panel know that if the 15 amp fuse keeps blowing you can screw in a 20 amp, 25 amp, 30 amp fuse till the fuse stops blowing.

This is where the problem lies. The fuses are rated for the wire it is protecting. Our standard lights and receptacles work off a 14 gauge wire. The wire is rated to carry a maximum of 15 amps. So when we plug in too many devices on one circuit the fuse becomes overheated and ‘blows’. By using a larger fuse we may stop the problem of the fuse blowing all the time but the wire is rated to carry only 15 amps. Now that we’re used a larger fuse the wire becomes overheated, as it is working beyond capacity. These overheated wires are running through wood studs in the walls. The potential for fire now exists.

This is why the insurance companies would like the panel changed over from fuses to breakers. They know that the home will be much safer with a new breaker panel than the old fuse panel. Our electricians have changed over many old fuse panels that were in great shape for this very reason. There is nothing wrong with the panel. It’s a human error where the problem lies.

What is involved in the main panel upgrade?

Main Panel Upgrade - Expert ElectricON Energy will file all of the appropriate paperwork with the local Hydro department prior to the upgrade. We will handle all required permits and scheduling. The power will be disconnected while the work is being completed and will be restored once the job is complete. In most cases, we can complete the service/panel upgrade with minimal disruption to the incoming power.

Our Services Include:

  • Service Upgrades
  • Meter Base Repairs
  • Meter Base Replacements
  • Service Mast Repairs
  • Replace Weather Head
  • New Grounding Systems
  • Whole House Surge Protection Devices
  • Label Household Circuits on Existing Panels
  • Sub Panels

Customers about us!!!

Call Now Button